Last Updated on 11/16/2016
If you suspect that the information associated with your account is not accurate or complete, then you must make all necessary changes in order to correct it.
How Do We Collect Your Information?
We operate various channels in order to collect information. We may, for example, use the following channels and means to collect your information:
- When creating a user account, contacting customer support or making a purchase through the Site, we may collect certain content provided through such actions.
- When posting on any online community, forum or any other page established by us or on our behalf in connection with the use of the Site, we may collect and analyze all content provided or otherwise uploaded by our users, and such content will not be subject to any privacy expectations by its lawful contributor.
- When transmitting and/or otherwise making available any content with the use of the Site (for example, in the process of your account registration or updates, filling forms or submitting inquiries).
- We may use certain 3rd party components or services to improve the performance and experience for our users (the “3rd Party Components”). The 3rd Party Components may monitor your general use of the Site and your browsing route taken before using the Site.
You understand that the manner in which we collect your information might defer on the basis of the device you use to access or otherwise use the Site or any related content or features.
Please note that while in general you are not obligated to actively provide any information, some information may be required in order to use the Site.
What Information Do We Collect?
We may collect and store information which identifies or relates to you personally, such as your name, profile picture, photographs, unique user account ID, your financial and billing information, contact information, email address, etc. (the “Personal Information”).
Please note however, that any Personal Information which you choose to make publically available, whether on forums, groups or otherwise, will not be deemed, to the extent permitted by applicable law, as subject to your expectation of privacy or deemed as personal, and may be treated accordingly by us.
We collect and aggregate non-identifying information regarding your use of the Site and its features, including, for example, the type, model, ID and location of the device through which the Site is accessed, services that interested you or which you have utilized, the type of operating system and browser you are using and its settings, your IP (Internet Protocol) and/or MAC (Media Access Account) address, gender, location, groups you are a member of, fields of interests, the URL you have come from and the time spent at that URL, number of clicks, content of Cookies set by us (as further detailed below) and your domain type and server, your gameplay session, any content posted by you on public forums or communities associated with the Site, or otherwise (“Non-Personal Information”).
Non-Personal Information collected can also become Personal Information if and when aggregated by us to a scope which identifies you personally.
Please note however, that generally Non-Personal Information is aggregated separately for each specific IP or device ID. That said, the ID of your device does not contain any information regarding your identity and the same applies to IP addresses which, while identifying a device connected to the Internet and its general location, are in themselves anonymous and contain no information regarding the identity of the ultimate person using the device – such identity should be known solely to your Internet Service Provider (ISP).
Moreover, IP addresses assigned by ISPs are generally (although not always) dynamic and subject to frequent changes – static IP addresses are generally assigned only at subscriber’s specific request and frequently require an additional fee. We assume that the IP of your device is dynamic, unless we have a reason to believe otherwise.
How Is Collected Information Used?
Personal Information shall be used in order to facilitate, customize and improve the use of the Site, process your inquiries and respond to your requests, or as explicitly mentioned herein.
We may share some or all of your Personal Information with our subsidiaries, other Sites operated by us, joint ventures or other trusted affiliates that we have or may have in the future, provided that such parties undertake to protect your privacy in a manner no less stringent than as set forth herein, and for the purpose of providing us with certain services related to the Site (such as improvement, development, data processing and analysis, etc.).
We may also disclose your Personal Information in the following cases:
- As required to do so as part of any legal proceedings conducted in connection with the Site.
- In order to inquire, investigate, prevent, stop or halt any alleged misuse of the Site, or to impose any sanction thereof.
- As required to do so by court order, decree, or applicable law.
- In case the entire activity of the Site is transferred to a third party, providing such party undertakes to protect your privacy in accordance with these terms.
Non-Personal Information shall be used by us or the permitted entities prescribed above to improve, modify, cancel, enrich or adjust the Site, and ensure the adequate operation thereof. We also use Non-Personal information in order to analyze market and users’ trends, and further provide you, or enable other third party content providers to provide you with certain promotional content.
We reserve the right to use and disclose Non-Personal Information to third parties, including, for example, potential and actual business partners, affiliates and consultants, for industry analysis, marketing, advertising, and other business purposes at our sole discretion.
Why Do We Collect Such Information?
We collect such Personal Information and Non-Personal Information for the following purposes:
- In order to provide, improve, customize and operate the Site, and further improve and customize it, based on your (and others) preferences and experiences.
- In order to be able to provide our users with ongoing, developing customer assistance and technical support.
- In order to create statistical data, behavioral models and trends, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve the use of the Site.
- In order to remain in compliance with and applicable law or regulations.
- In order to offer you site promotional content based on your preferences based on the analysis of the information we collect, provided that no Personal Information shall be made available by us to third parties offering such content to you, without your prior consent.
How Do We Keep Your Personal Information Secure?
We do so by following industry standards on information security management to secure sensitive information such as financial information and Personal Information entrusted to us.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small data files downloaded and stored on user’s device while browsing a website, often used to keep record of actions taken on such website or track related browsing activity.
For additional information regarding Cookies and the way to control them, please check out the Help file of your browser or visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Note that although we take great measures to secure the information and reduce the risk of unwanted disclosure, we cannot guarantee the information will not be exposed as a result of unauthorized penetration to our servers.
We use commercially reasonable physical, managerial and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your Personal Information. We cannot, however, ensure the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
If you have any questions about this Policy, or if you feel your privacy has been violated, please contact us at email@example.com .
California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about what Personal Information a company shares with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for the third parties’ own and independent direct marketing purposes unless we receive your permission. The California Law permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your Personal Information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sale, Merger or Acquisition
In the event we undergo a business transition or transaction such as acquisition, merger or sale of some or all of our assets, we may disclose or transfer all of your information including Personal Information, to the successor party of such transition.
Account Termination; Updating Your Information
You can access, view, change, update or delete the information appearing in your account, by accessing it through the “Settings” feature in the Site. However, certain information might still be kept in our backup facilities and/or systems.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
Governing Law and Jurisdiction